National Board Certification
- There is a statistically significant difference in the pass-failure rate of those teachers attempting National Board Certification (NBC) who have participated in intensive writing project staff development and/or writing project summer institutes and those teachers who have had little or no writing project experience.
- 77% of teacher who participated in a writing project summer institute earned certification from National Boards.
- The certification rate of teachers participating in an intensive writing project summer institute exceeds the pass rate of teachers who have little or no writing project experience.
- Data indicate that writing project experience is a significant predictor of success for NBPTS and that the invitational summer institute experience (approximately 120 hrs.) coupled with the continuity provided to teacher consultants coming out of the invitational summer institute provides a stronger foundation than intensive writing project professional development of 30+ hours.
- Research shows that participation in a writing project summer institute and/or intensive professional development provided by a writing project site yields a positive correlation with National Board Certification success.
- Learn more about National Board for Certified Teaching Standards certification by visiting their web-site at www.nbpts.org.